10 facts about Sebastiano Serafini’s 2nd single:
1) The title of the song is [NEVER WALK ALONE].
2) It will be released on Friday, December 19th.
3) The cover photo was taken by Australian photographer Fabian Parkes who regularly works with major fashion magazines in Japan such as Nylon and Vogue.
4) The song will be released with a music video directed by Mitsuhiro Higuchi who also directed the video for [FALLEN RE/MIX].
5) In the music video and cover, Sebastiano Serafini is styled by fashion director Misha Janette. Misha said “The song was strong but also mysterious so Sebastiano is dressed in a myriad of layers, each one he sheds reveals yet another side to the song’s story. The brand he wears is Ato, a Japanese menswear brand that is revered for its sharp tailoring and mix of a modern sporty taste with refined suits. Boots by Y3 round out the image; you can’t tell if he’s a good guy or has something more sinister in mind” (Misha Janette).
6) Motoki Imota, teacher at the prestigious Vantan School and make-up artist for the J-rock band Nightmare is the make-up artist for this project. Motoki commented on the video production saying “It was fun shooting around Harajuku and it was a very beautiful day. The hairstyle and makeup used for the video was simple but stylish.”
7) Japanese producer, beatmaker, and DJ Dubby Bunny is currently making a remix of this track.
8) Scenes for the music video were shot in a variety of popular districts including Takadanobaba, Yoyogi, Harajuku and Omotesando.
9) The song was recorded and produced by Oliver DeVille, German producer, songwriter, and 5-time winner of the German Rock and Pop Prize. Oliver describes the song as pop with a hardcore/dub riff and a touch of country. “It’s a sweet country mood combined with an aggressive dub/hardcore approach” (Oliver DeVille).
10) “The concept behind the lyrics is that, in my opinion, people should never walk alone in life. Whether they’re walking with a friend or relative, people need to feel companionship. We build our lives around others in order to find the perfect one who is willing to walk with us and make us feel complete” (Sebastiano Serafini).
Text: Matthew Whetstone